28 June 2013

Protein Power Balls - recipe by The Kitchen Whisperer

I came across this recipe on The Kitchen Whisperer and think its the easiest and most tastiest protein power ball recipe! I even made them three times in the first week of getting my hands on this hot little recipe, my husband just couldn't get enough!! You must go and check out The Kitchen Whisperer website and the recipe here

Photo thanks to The Kitchen Whisperer



Ingredients

  • 1 cup quick oats
  • 3/4 cup peanut butter
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1/2 cup coconut shredded
  • 1/2 cup roasted sunflower seeds
  • 1/2 cup protein powder (I used Vanilla)
  • 1/2 cup mini dark chocolate chips
  • Additional items to roll them in: seeds, ground flax seed, mini chips, cocoa powder


Instructions


  1. Stir all ingredients together in a medium bowl until thoroughly mixed. Use your muscles here.
  2. When it gets too tough to stir with a spoon, use your clean hands.
  3. Chill in fridge for an hour.
  4. Once chilled, roll into 1” sized balls.
  5. At this point you can leave them naked or you can roll them in toppings (I used more shredded coconut to roll them in)
  6. Store in an airtight container and keep refrigerated for up to 1 week.


Notes

You can substitute in pretty much any healthy snack. If you don’t like peanut butter try a different nut butter.
You can use pretty much any dried fruit, nut, chips, grains (use rice cereal maybe).
Ground flax seed or wheat germ is awesome in this.
If you omit one dry ingredient you must put in another dry ingredient in this place.
If they feel a tad dry, add in more honey or peanut butter.
You don’t have to keep these in the fridge, but I prefer them cold.

You can also make these into bars but pressing them in a 9×13″ brownie lined tin.
Typical serving is 2 as a snack or post-workout treat


Photo thanks to The Kitchen Whisperer

2 comments :

  1. Thank you so much for sharing my recipe and your comments! I still make these weekly often mixing up the ingredients on hand. Right now I'm crushing on a pumpkin spice version of these.

    Best Kitchen Wishes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lori for sharing them. Oh I will have to check in and ensure I updated with any recipe tweaks! :)

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails