17 August 2013

Lunch box ideas

What's in my lunchbox each day?

I am a foodie.
I love food and I love making it for others to enjoy.
I love a variety of food each day.
I hate sandwiches.
I hate wasting food.
I hate filling my lunchbox with plastic zip lock bags and cling wrap.
I hate spending money on purchasing lunch at work.

Okay that's enough about me.

So all the things above influenced me to look at lunch options and what's out there on the market. That's when I discovered bento boxes, is a Japanese word for food in a box. For me, the design of a bento box was brilliant - I was putting lots of containers, cling wrap, zip lock bags and lots of packaging in my lunchbox each day to take to work. I wanted a something that minimised all of this. There is lots of bento boxes on the market, however I opted for something that suited me more and the foods I take to work each day. So I settled on a Décor lunchbox which you can purchase at supermarkets for under $10.

{source}
A traditional Bento box

For me, it works fabulously, not only am I saving on plastic, but I am saving money too, as instead of buying packaged food like little packets of handy sultanas I now buy a large bag and then fill the compartments in my lunchbox each day. Its also a lot of fun, coming up with the combinations and trying to add something slightly different than the day before.

Here are some of my lunchbox snack combinations and a little inspiration for yourself...
(apologies for the grainy photos, these are taken at 6am each morning on my Iphone!)













My lunchbox snacks typically feature, dried fruit, fresh fruit, vegetables, nuts or crackers. Alongside this as a main meal I will have leftovers, usually fish and vegetables, stir fry, fried rice, corn fritters, chicken salads, quiche or vegetable frittatas. Sometimes if I feel like adding something sweet I will add some banana cake, protein power balls or some yummy chocolate slice (simply click for the recipe links above!).

My husband must be the healthiest and most gourmet tradie on the jobsite each day, taking a lunchbox like this to work ;P But he loves it and so do I!

What's in your lunchbox each day?

Xx Ashlea


No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails