15 September 2013

My Byron Bay Wedding

The Engagement~
It came as a big surprise when Nathan proposed to me. We were on holidays, on the south coast of NSW at Kiama and were spending the morning on the beach. We had packed a picnic, the beach umbrella and the surfboards and spent the morning enjoying the sunshine and Bombo beach. Whilst I was sunbaking Nathan told me that he had drawn a picture in the sand that he wanted to show me. The words "Will you marry me?" were written in a big love heart with a gorgeous ring in its box placed in the middle of the heart. I didn’t believe him at first, but when he reached down and picked the ring up and turned to me I could see the seriousness in his eyes. I had tears running down my face and I think he was a little concerned I wasn’t going to say 'yes’ but finally I found my voice and the words came out and he popped the ring on my finger. We spent that afternoon with our ‘love goggles’ on looking lovingly at each other and sharing excited smiles...it is a day I will never forget.



The Wedding~
Fast forward 15 months and the day of our wedding 18th February 2012. I had always wanted a balmy summer wedding so took the risk of having our wedding in the rainy season of tropical NSW. I grew up in Byron Bay, so it was only natural to return 'home' to celebrate the occasion. A picture perfect summers day with blue skies and the balmy night I hoped for - oh it was heaven!

Here is some pictures and the suppliers of our special day...

Photographer: Kate Nutt
Hair & Make up: Alex Ousten
Dress: Brides Desire
Ceremony Location: Wategos Lawn Area, Byron Bay
Reception Location: The Deck Restaurant, Byron Bay
Wedding Rings: Edge Jewellery Designs, Byron Bay
Cake: Gregs Cakes, Ballina
Flowers: Byron In Bloom












Thanks for stopping by and sharing the wedding love with me!
Xx Ashlea

1 comment :

  1. Congrats guys! How did the summer wedding go? I bet it was wonderful and full of love and happiness! Weddings are one of the most important events in a person's life and preparing everything to perfection is a must. I wish you all the best; thanks for sharing!

    Coreen Oglivie @ Steal My Wedding Day

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails