3 February 2014

The Block 2014 & those pendant lights!

I am a massive fan of The Block. am a blockaholic and never miss a show and this season I am so excited to see the construction of the much anticipated loft apartments with Fans Vs Favs. I would love to be a contestant and put my renovation skills to the test, plus spending someone else's money to renovate - yes please!! But I am not, so instead I have been gushing over the last few episodes of The Block. I have been over analysing the new contestant's, their design and skills to anyone who will listen. 

I loved the first few episodes of the season, where the contestants tackled a 24 hour challenge to see who made it onto The Block as The Fans. For me, the clear winners were Kara & Kyal and Chantelle & Steve, I am so thrilled they both got through as the Fans for the season and I cannot wait to see their work. I loved how they incorporated lighting into their rooms and through about its overall effect. In particular Chantelle & Steve on Tuesday nights episode - how unreal did the graffiti wall look framed by the wall studs and LED lighting? The light fitting was also a winner in my eyes. It was so disappointing on the other hand that Pascale & Chris got their roof dimensions so wrong and ended up with such an average light fitting. If I had high ceilings in my home there would be spectacular light fittings and pendants from every ceiling. But my ceilings are the standard 2.4m and a pendant light is going to have me ducking each time I enter a room. So the pendant and spectacular light fitting absence in my home has led me to pin some amazing pieces on Pinterest...leaving me to only dream and lust over them. Here is some I have been gushing over....


{source}
{source}
{source}




WHO'S TEAM ARE YOU ON - FANS OR FAVS? 
I THINK ITS GOING TO BE ONE VERY INTERESTING RENOVATION CHALLENGE!

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails