15 July 2014

A Winter Warmer Soup Recipe - Sweet Potato Superfood Goodness!

I am loving being in my kitchen at the moment.

Anything that requires the use of the oven I get excited about. Why you ask? I am really feeling the winter chill this week! So cranking up the oven is a great idea, warming the house up and making me feel warm and toasty once more. I am also sweet potato and cumin obsessed at the moment, so when I saw this recipe I knew it would be enjoyed in my household.
It's filled with sweet potato, a terrific superfood that has great health benefits for you this winter. Sweet potato are disease-preventing, cancer-fighting, and immune-boosting beauties!!

The recipe was originally sourced from here. It was super delicious and easy, I even made another batch and stocked up my freezer. Hopefully it will help keep me warm with this winter chill!



Ingredients:
  • Olive Oil Spray
  • 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
  • 2 garlic cloves crushed
  • 2 teaspoons finely grated fresh ginger
  • 2 teaspoons ground cumin
  • 500g sweet potato, peeled, coarsely chopped
  • 4 large carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
  • 1L of chicken stock
A dallop of natural yoghurt and fresh chives to serve

Method:

1. Heat a large saucepan over medium heat. Spray with olive oil spray. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until soft. Add the garlic, ginger and cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1-2 minutes or until aromatic.

2. Add the sweet potato, carrot, water and stock powder. Increase heat to high. Bring to the boil. Cover and reduce heat to low. Cook for 15-20 minutes or until the vegetables are soft. At this point you can either blend it, or use a potato masher to mash the soup into liquid form.

3. Season with pepper, ladle the soup among serving bowls. Top with yoghurt and chives to serve.

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

No comments :

Post a Comment

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails