16 October 2014

DIY: Mason Jar Inspired Garden

I am calling today Tutorial Thursday and am sharing some cute DIY glass jar gardens I came across on Pinterest. Wow you can spend hours browsing all of the cute pins, I am forever finding inspiration! Today I was searching for some garden ideas on upcycling glass jars. I love unique garden ideas and being able to upcycle what I have around the home. I have made succulent gardens and vertical gardens before and love testing my green thumb.


 Here are some great ideas to get you inspired....

How to make a Mason Jar Herb Garden
I love the little name tags with this one - super cute! {source}
 
Mason Jar Succulent Planters 
Succulents are so easy to keep - you barely have to water them, they thrive indoors or out and they grow from a small clipping! {source}
 Hanging Mason Jar Planters
I love this idea. Anything with twine and that raw texture looks fabulous contrasted with the glass and greenery. {source}
 Mason Jar Wall Planter using Pallet Timber
This is a great project if you want to use some pallet timber or anything recycled for that industrial look. I love the metal clamps too - really finishes the industrial look. {source}
 Mason Jar Wall Planter
I love this idea for just a simple single planter. You could hang them at different levels across a wall for a different look! {source}
 Glass Jar Herb Garden
Another take on the simple herb garden planters with cute name tags. You could pop them all along your kitchen window sill or use them as a feature next to your stove? {source}
I hope you have found some inspiration. Next time you go to throw out a glass jar, keep it! It is so easy to recycle it and upcyle it into something new.

TELL ME, HAVE YOU TACKLED ANY DIY GARDEN PROJECTS BEFORE? ANY YOU WOULD LIKE TO SHARE?


Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

4 comments :

  1. I love the look of the herbs in jars but in SE Queensland I can barely keep them alive in the garden, fussy little things! I like the air plants and succulent ideas though. Thinking the succulents will make a different centerpiece for the patio table this summer and Big W had jars at a good price last week so will check if they are still there. Did you make or buy the blue labels with the wire?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Toni - I know what you mean about the herbs. Here on the Gold Coast the sun roasts them, I can only manage hardy rosemary :) The link to the tutorial with the blue tags is above in the text - I would use some ply board timber, paint it blue then use chalk to write on it. I would use garden wire to fasten it around the top of the jar! They look effective don't they! Happy planting :)

      Delete
  2. Love the hanging jars and the herbs!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Super cute hey! Perfect time to do it being Spring. All herbs like Spring :)

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails