6 February 2015

The Room Reveal You Have Been Waiting For - MY BATHROOM!

The award for the the most drawn out, never ending bathroom reno goes to ME! It kicked off late November and it took weeks. Two weeks of that I didn't have a toilet and for 2.5 weeks I didn't have a shower. Let me tell you, it felt like an eternity!! Once the bathroom was 'done' and we would actually shower, we waited a little longer for a shower screen to be fitted. Then by this stage December was well and truly underway and guess what, I couldn't get my mirror until the New Year. So we went nearly two months without a mirror in the house, let me tell you we didn't look pretty!! But now, lets take a look at what the bathroom looks like now (and why the three week build time was worth it!) and what it looked like before (remember the coffin bath?!).


AFTER - the finished product - Voil'a!

BEFORE - a very unexciting room, remember this?
I seriously don't know how the contestants on The Block tackle a bathroom in one week. Seriously?! Let's not talk about the building hiccups though (we can do another post for that), lets move on to more of the bathroom. 'Cause that's what you are all here to see right?!


AFTER - one of the key things I wanted in the bathroom was a wall mounted waterfall tap for the bath. It's just divine and such a relaxing place to unwind at the end of the day!


AFTER - I was so lucky to win these gorgeous natural cleaning products by Murchison- Hume Australia when the lovely Maya from House Nerd hosted a competition. They are so stunning so I leave them out to see, the packaging is so pretty isn't it?!

AFTER - one of the key things Hubby wanted was a large waterfall showerhead. We were able to adjust the layout of the shower to make it a larger space so this addition was very welcomed!
AFTER - one of the key things I learnt from Shayna Blaze from watching The Block was STORAGE. We had this full length cupboard recessed and have it full of linen and items. The storage is unbelievable and so worth it. It is such a seamless finish, it looks just like a wall you don't even notice it when you walk in. Handy little push catches on it make it a seamless finish.




AFTER - I LOVE the floor tile choice and the raw concrete look contrasted against the wooden floorboards.

Remember how I introduced my bathroom in this post as the most talked about room of the house? Well it still is, but for all the right reasons now. No longer are we talking about the bizarre bath, the chipped waterlogged cabinet or it being a very awkward room. Now we are talking about how much we want to stand under the waterfall showerhead and lounge in the bath. Much better conversation! Take a look here if you want to see the inspiration behind the room.

Tell me, have you survived a bathroom renovation? How long did it take you? Was there hiccups or smooth sailing along the way? What do you think of my end result? Is it what you imagined I would do?!

Leave me a comment below, I'd love to know your thoughts.
 I will do another post in the coming weeks of the ins & outs of a bathroom reno and how to accomplish it! It can be such a daunting project to tackle, I know it was for us.

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

14 comments :

  1. WOW Ashlea, its just gorgeous. Im so glad you are in love with it, great style!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Trish! It is perfect, just what I wanted. I aimed for a classic timeless look that wouldn't date. Plus it matches in with my kitchen bench, so very happy! :)

      Delete
  2. Looks fabulous, love the hidden cupboard - so practical.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sandra, its amazing to put all those extra tall shampoo bottles, hairdryers and the extras. Definitely worthwhile :)

      Delete
  3. Wow Ashlea!!!! It's beautiful! Well done you! I love love love your colour scheme, the wall tiling, the bath tap, the vanity and the recessed cabinet - fantastic. Also, very shameful but my bathroom reno has been taking even longer than yours.... it still needs last touches! :O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Maya, so glad you like it! Its exactly what I envisioned, which is good. Hey, these bathrooms are not a quick process I get it! I can imagine that you get it to a livable stage, then its 'yep, this will do for now until we have more time!'. I bet Mr Nerd is busy doing lots of house projects before the bub arrives!! :) x

      Delete
  4. Oh wow! What a massive change - it looks so stylish and relaxing now. Love the colours, and the tap for the bath is divine. Great job!

    thefoolishobsession.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much Amy for stopping by and your kind words! I am so thrilled with how the bath turned out, its the ultimate place to relax and unwind! A x

      Delete
  5. Oh I LOVE it Ashlea! The styling is magnificent and I particularly love the wall tile and the raw concrete floor tiles. What an amazing finish - you must be so in love with the room now x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Dan, yes very in love with it now. The concrete look was one thing I was very particular about, it was so hard to find the 'right' look. Very pleased with them though! :) xA

      Delete
  6. Wow! That looks great. Love all your choices. Shayna would most definitely approve of all your storage. I can't believe you went with out a toilet for 2 weeks!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hehe I KNOW! It was terrible Fleur. Never again! I mean I have done bush camping before, but that's different. Very different! I don't know how many times I opened the door to walk into the toilet and then realise it's not there. We are such creatures of habit! Very happy with the final result though, thank you for your kind words x

      Delete
  7. What a transformation looks brilliant now, well done Thanks for sharing with us for The Sunday Brunch Magazine, lovely to see you Bel & Eliza xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. The bathroom renovations are one of the most detailed in the general renovations of the house. My wife has always been crazy about renovating ours and installing things like waterfall tap and change the interior decoration and shower head. I guess I could borrow a few tips. A good bathroom goes a long way in making a house homely.

    Homer Collins @ Pinnacle Renovations

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails