24 March 2015

Easy + Delicious Mango Ice Cream

If you have seen me at the supermarket or fruit stalls lately you will see my stockpiling mangoes. They have to be my favourite fruit and the best bit of Summer. I am always sad when summer ends and along with the mangoes, so does the sunshine and beach days!

I look like a mango hoarder at the moment. 
My freezer is chock-a-block full and I keep eyeing them off at the shops and putting more in my trolley. I love mango in my green smoothies and even making ice cream. Yes ice cream. Sounds difficult doesn't it? Well believe me its not, no fancy ice cream maker or gadgets required for this yummy recipe. Just a food processor and some icy pole molds. I picked mine up from Kmart for $2 and it holds six icy poles- win!


So here it is:
What you need:
++ approx 500g of chopped and frozen mango
++ a tablespoon of honey or your sweetener of choice. Agave syrup or maple syrup would work fine. Adjust the amount to more if you are a sweet tooth.
++ 150g of plain natural yoghurt.

What to do:
++ Combine all ingredients in the food processor and whizz until blended well. Pour into icy pole molds or a freezer safe container. Place in freezer for approx 30mins and then Enjoy! 
I have made batches and stored them in the freezer for the hot afternoons when you feel like something refreshing - it has been so hot for Autumn here on the Gold Coast, we have been having 38 degree heatwaves!! 

It is better than a Weisbar and so easy to make! Now don't walk, run and get yourself some mangoes - this is one recipe you will want to make and the ice cream wont last long!

ARE YOU A MANGO HOARDER/FAN TOO? 
How do you enjoy your mangoes? 
Have you an ice cream recipe to share with me? Let me know, I am always up for trying and experimenting with different ingredients! 

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

6 comments :

  1. Yes, I buy all the mangoes and then some more. We eat them like there is no tomorrow but if I can save some I like to dehydrate them and freeze them for all sorts of yummy goodness.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have been thinking about looking into a dehydrater - they seem like a good idea:) so many options with mangoes x

      Delete
  2. Oh the mango maniacs in my house will go wild over these. I really need to get some of those ice block moulds. I will have to check K Mart out. I'll definitely be making this recipe. Thanks! #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kmart is fab, they are cute and colourful your girls will love them! Enjoy x A

      Delete
  3. Oh I am the biggest mango pig in town. We make mango coconut and pineapple iceblocks and my kids call me the iceblock God. My head swells and I like to boast about that lol xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The iceblock god - now thats a title! Care to share the recipe??! x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails