6 April 2015

One + Four = Life. My Easter Adventure!

I love the creativeness of Pip from Meet Me At Mikes. Pip has created a weekly photo wrap up on a Sunday she calls 'One + Four = Life'. Its a fun way to visually display the week that was. It's a great way to reflect on the week, show gratitude and be inspired and fulfilled with how you spent your time. Although it's not Sunday, being a long weekend it kinda does feel like a Sunday, so a day late but not to worry! I am joining in for the first time this week, so here we go! 

|| one ||  The annual Easter camping trip has come and gone. We headed west for the weekend to camp by a lake and have some fun in the boat. Did you read here last week how I mentioned we had to take two cars and drive separately as I would tow the camper trailer and Hubby would tow the boat? Well this photo is of us setting off on Thursday for our long weekend. It is funny, we have two of the same cars, one in white and the other in black, so I call them the 'Mr & Mrs' cars.


|| two || Here is the view from our campsite. This was the weather we had all weekend, peeks of blue skies, heavy cloud and scattered showers. That was until Saturday night when things got a little wet! Half of our camping group were out fishing in the boat, the others prepping for dinner. I myself had started the campfire and was trying to create some hot coals as I was about to put my roast lamb on the hot coals to slow cook (I know, my mouth is watering too!). However, things turned a little crazy very quickly! The group out in the boat saw the dark clouds coming and tried to make it back to shore but the rain started falling, absolutely drenching them! It was the heaviest downpour I think I had ever seen. When they finally got back to the campsite, the water had been falling heavily for about 20 minutes. Within half an hour we had a muddy creek flowing straight through our campsite. We had to lift everything up so it didn't get wet, take shoes off and squelch around in the mud. There was nothing we could do but stand under our tarps and shelter, whilst the water flower well over ankle deep at times! After literally three hours we called it a night and went to bed. Luckily for me, my camper trailer has a raised bed and floor but the others in the tents had ankle deep water in theirs and had to sleep almost floating on their air mattresses. It surely was an adventure! In the morning we woke to crystal clear sunshine and blue skies (of course, Murphy's Law!) and through everything in the cars and headed for home. It was a sloshy mudpit and not worth staying another night. We were about 30 minutes into our 2 hour roadtrip home and couldn't believe the flooded paddocks and water laying on the side of the road. Several roads were cut from flood waters and we had to take a big detour home. It surely was eventful and an Easter we wont forget!!


|| three || After a very wet camping trip we hit the beach this morning to dry out and catch some sun. The beach was nearly one of the best days I have seen it! Crystal clear skies, blue water and so much visibility, we could see Stradbroke Island from where we stood on Bilinga Beach which only happens some days. We took the beach umbrella down and lazed in the sun and it was heaven. The water was so warm and I could have swam for hours. I can't believe we are 5 weeks into Autumn and this is the weather and warmth we are having. Its delightful!


|| four || Beach bums. Here we are enjoying the sunshine and blue skies. Such a nice change from the rainy camping adventure.

HOW WAS YOUR EASTER LONG WEEKEND? 
Plenty of buttery hot cross buns, chocolate and good times? Hope your weekend wasn't a wash out like mine and you were able to enjoy it with family and friends. 
You can see what Pip and everyone else shared over hereHave a great (short yay!) week! 

PS: If you are taking part in the weekly photo challenge, leave me a comment below as I would love to pop on over and see your week that was! 


PSS: I am sharing my DIY African Juju hat tutorial this week, so pop back and have a read. It was a super easy project and looks stunning. Can't wait for you to see it!
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

8 comments :

  1. Camping sounds like a bit of a wash out. It sounds like the weather we had in Sydney - seriously soggy for the first part of the weekend and gloriously sunny for the last part. Our Easter was a cracking combination of runs, buns, beer and cheer! Loving these one+four=life posts. Pip is so clever!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie for saying hi! Pip is truly creative + clever, loving linking up with these posts x

      Delete
  2. Oh dear, a huge wash out. We cancelled our annual easter camping trip or we would have had the same experience. Love your photos😊

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a beautiful campsite! (Found you through Pip's 1+4 idea....so good to find lovely new blogs via that link up!)...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have many camping memories like yours... especially when you make the decision to leave... only to get home and the weather is glorious! They do make for great stories though! I too have found you through Pip's link up, Such an awesome idea. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was a bit wet wasn't it! But Monday was beautiful! We headed to the Sunshine Coast for the day. Couldn't get any better.
    I love this idea of Pip's. I hope to get it together and join in soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for stopping by Karin. Are you joining in this week? Monday was a stunner thats for sure. I am still talking about the crystal clear water and warmth x

      Delete
    2. Oh I forgot again! Ha! Doesn't take much. I will though. Thanks for the reminder.

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails