26 May 2015

It's Party Time: Palm Fronds + Pink



Palm Fronds + Pink + Pineapples = fun!

I came across this fabulously styled dinner party by Studio DIY and had to share it with you all today!

I love the idea of the balloon centrepiece, as it adds height and interest to the table, but is very practical being above eye height so you can still see the person across from you!

Want to recreate this look?
|| Start with a plain base - the white table and chairs works well here. The table decorations are to be the main focus.
|| If you don't have a plain white table or similar, use a tablecloth or  thick white fabric would work well.
|| Start the decorating process now - you add your cutlery and crockery right at the end.
|| Head outside into the garden. Gather up some palm fronds, pick some tropical greenery and cut it to size as the table centrepiece. Lay it flat and use a bit of sticky table or similar to hold trickier bits in place if needed.
|| Head to somewhere like Spotlight that sells helium balloons and purchase some balloon weights. 
||If you want to recreate the palm frond balloons, print on your balloons with this tutorial. Or eve try and get the paint brush out of you are crafty!
|| Make the balloon centerpiece with these handy tips
|| Add some pineapples or a touch of the tropics with fruit and decorations.
|| Add your crockery and cutlery and voilĂ ...




All images by Studio DIY

Are you a party planner? Do you love throwing a good dinner party? 
I love themed parties and would love to recreate this theme, it has fun and tropical written all over it! Have you any party disasters or successes you feel like sharing? Leave a comment below.

Today I am linking up with Essentially Jess and #TEAMIBOT

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

18 comments :

  1. How divine! I love that pink and teamed up with the pineapples....swoon. I love a pretty dinner party but now that I'm in the parenthood zone they rarely happen at our house anymore!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh a good dinner party is a lot of fun - alot of work too though! I have seen some fun kids party themes around - I can't wait until that chapter, although I am sure a bunch of kiddies running around on a sugar high from fairy bread is alot of work! :P

      Delete
  2. What a gorgeous theme for a party! I'm saving this idea for summer bbq get togethers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am imagining pina coladas or some fun fruity cocktails would go down well with this! x A

      Delete
  3. This is ridiculously gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this set up. I used to love throwing parties all the time but since moving back to Brisbane haven't really done it as much. Second child also hasn't helped. I must get back into the vibe again soon.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nothing beats the feeling after a successful party - maybe adapt this theme to a kids party? Perfect for a summery Brisbane afternoon! x A

      Delete
  5. What a lovely idea! And one that would work with any theme, from kids to formal adults. #TeamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's exactly what I thought, this theme with some Hawaiian troppo touches would be so fun for a kids pool party!

      Delete
  6. That looks pretty cool! Unfortunately my house is way too small for seated dinner parties so we stick to goo old BBQ's. I so wish I could do something like this though!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes any entertaining we do is out on the back deck around the BBQ - I can only dream though!! x

      Delete
  7. OMG I want it to be summer again...sooooo badly! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Pine colada anyone :P
      Imagine turning up to a dinner party and seeing this extravaganza, I would squeal!

      Delete
  8. That looks very cool. I love the painted balloons.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's something I have never thought to do - alot of fun but messy work!!

      Delete
  9. This is pretty plus! I love the painted balloons but fear if I had a go at it, my balloons would look nothing like that! Thanks for linking up to the Ultimate Rabbit Hole!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sammie, amazing isn't it. It has me dreaming of summer again, I am not a fan of winter!

      Delete
  10. What a gorgeous tablescape - I love the palm and pineapple theme! I'm already counting down the days until Summer...

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails