10 May 2015

Shades of Blue - Shibori


Shades of blue, texture + patterns. 

A look I am loving at the moment is Shibori.
It's a Japanese technique, that is binding, stitching, wrapping or folding cotton cloth to make amazing patterns and shapes. It is a look that is growing in popularity in interiors and homewares and I am loving this look in shades of blue.

If you are wanting to DIY the look, beware it can get a little messy with all that blue dye. Or shop around, there are some great homewares stores online and on Etsy that I have seen stocking some great one off unique pieces. 

Here is some shibori inspiration for you.










|| 1 || 2 || 3 || 4 || 5 || 6 || 7

Feel like getting crafty?
I came across some really great DIY tutorials if you feel like making your own shibori here & here. I think it would be fun to experiment and try new patterns and looks. I would love to make a doona cover with this look. If you know of any reasonable priced cotton white doona covers out there, send me a link I am on the hunt for one now! :P

Hope you are having a great weekend!
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP


5 comments :

  1. I love these, so pretty. Beautiful colours. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have always been a blue lover, ever since I was a little girl. You didn't often see me in pink, I always asked for blue :) x

      Delete
  2. Love this and had no idea what it was actually called. Blue is so calming and I can totally see some of these prints in my future dream beach house!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love Shibori - a couple of my girlfriends went to a DIY class and I am keen to give that a go myself xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh do share if you try it! It would be messy buy fun. I really want to do a doona cover for my bed. I am worried it will look like a blue mess though haha. That's the fun of a DIY project though right?! x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails