21 August 2015

Feature Friday: Awarded House Of The Year!



This home is called Planchonella House - immersed in the luscious rainforest in far north Queensland, this home is something special. It has been architecturally designed to embrace its tropical climate and natural environment. The architect designed a home that enabled the owners to live simply in the landscape. I think they nailed it. 

The home is made up of two concrete slabs that bend and twist in response to the topography of the site (wow!) and is a L shape construction. The house has two wings, one for the master bedroom suite and the other wing is for guests, and features a study and laundry. The two wings are joined by large and expansive living spaces with full length glass windows and views of the world heritage listed rainforest.

The home won the 2015 Houses Award - being crowned the House Of The Year. If you pop by Glamour Coastal Living each week you would know that I love my weekly Feature Friday home tour. Today, I thought we could step inside this masterpiece and be wowed.

Lets take a tour inside shall we?














I have to say, I think the bathroom has to be one of my favourite aspects. Imagine soaking in a hot bath with those views?!!
It really does look like a house that has been designed to fit in with the existing landscape, it seamlessly blends in I think. I love the industrial feel, the pendant lights hanging throughout the living space and the use of timber to warm the concrete tones.

What do you love about this home? 
Do you think it deserves to be crowned House Of The Year?
All images and information were sourced from hereherehere and here.

That's me for the week, I am finishing the last of my packing today and then I am jet-setting off to Hawaii tonight. Be sure to be following along over on Instagram where I will be sharing my holiday snaps (holiday spam!). x 


Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

PS: Did you see here earlier in the week when I shared the story of this inner city Brisbane workers cottage selling for just under a million dollars ($960,000) and it does not have a separate bedroom and it only has an outdoor dunny (gasp!!!)That is some serious money!

2 comments :

  1. What a sensational home! I love it!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my...
    I love the concrete,
    Love the windows,
    love the grass, that kisses the concrete and glass.
    Yep... definately love it.

    Hope you are having the best time over there...
    order an extra cocktail for me lovely lady. Enjoy x

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails