23 February 2016

Scandi Style in your home

Hey, how was your weekend?

Just thought I would pop in today to show you a style I am absolutely loving, Scandi home interiors. 

source

If you love this style, here are a few of my tips to get the Scandi look in your home. 

++ keep the colour palette fairly muted, use a base of white and add some monochrome or light pastel colours. Add a splash of light timber and you have nailed the look.
++ Let there be lots of natural light. You want to achieve a light and airy look. Remove dark heavy curtains and think sheer white curtains or blinds.
++ Add some texture - think sheepskin, animal skins, furs, knits, throws. Anything that will add a little texture. Keep the colours muted though.
++ Add some timber, but keep it light in colour. Don't over do it with heavy timber furniture. Add the warmth of the timber in your dining room chairs, side tables and smaller items.
++ Art. Simple in colour, typography and bold graphics are the look you want to go for with your wall art. Wall hooks might even be something to consider, in a light coloured timber? Perfect way to introduce the timber and use them as art. 

Want to see all this in action?

I shared this home tour of a French Scandi Styled Beach House.
It uses the base of white for the floors and walls, adds the light timber and then pastel colours to nail this look.


I also shared some Scandi Style here.
 Rustic light timber floors and a monochrome palette.


A Scandi home that I am seriously crushing on is the home of a fellow Blogger, Sarah at TOMFO. She has just finished building her Scandi styled home and revealed the home tour last week on her blog. Check it out here.


There is also a little clip she shared of the homes progress. I loved watching this from the foundations, right through to the end result. Well done Sarah, it looks incredible!

If you love Sarah's look, then be sure to look at her homewares range Yamba Scandi Collection. It features throughout her home.

DO YOU LOVE THE SCANDI STYLE TOO?
DO YOU HAVE THE SCANDI STYLE IN YOUR HOME?
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:

 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

Linking up Esssentially Jess

10 comments :

  1. Oooh, lovely! I think I'd want more splashes of colour, but I love the light and airy. Though it's a constant style battle with my husband who prefers heavy timber!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh I know what you mean. I have slowly painted or sold our darker timber furniture. I love my home hwite and bright. Makes it feel bigger too! Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  2. Oh I love those floorboards. We have light floorboards in our house too. They provide such a great base. I'm a massive fan of black and white too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh tag me in a pic of your floorboards, I am obsessed in light floors at the moment. I wish I had of gone a bit lighter in my home when I laid them a few years ago!

      Delete
  3. I love the Scandi look and would definitely love it in our house if we ever get around to building a house like we want to. Our current house has terracotta tiled floors and a dark kitchen and I can't wait to have new floors and kitchen in a new house. #teamIBOT

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Floors are hard - paint is easy on walls and sometimes cabinetry, but not an option for floors. Perhaps you could go over the top of them? I have seen that done! We did a budget kitchen reno a while back and simply replaced the kitchen cupboard door fronts, it was so refreshing and a cheaper option that a whole new kitchen. Thanks for stopping by x

      Delete
  4. I love the scandi look, so clean and fresh. Lisa's house is just gorgeous too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like scandi style and I have a few pieces in my house but I'm not really scandi I don't think. I do love Sarah's home though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You had me at "scandi style" - love it! Hopefully one day when our renovations are finished and I can cull the toys and general STUFF everywhere, I'll work towards incorporating this look into our home.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Renos are never ending aren't they!! I know the feeling. Yes, I feel like I need a whole garage full of aisles of floor to ceiling storage, there is so much STUFF! x

      Delete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails