1 April 2016

Feature Friday: Bay Beach House


I love that every home has a story to tell.

This home is no different and today I am sharing the story of an old weatherboard cottage which has been lovingly renovated to what it is today - the home of Husband and Wife, Dave + Jaime and their family.

I was so delighted when Dave and Jaime wanted to share their home with you all as part of my weekly Feature Friday Home Tour post. Together, these two make the dream team. With Jaime having an eye for colour and interior design and Dave having the green thumb and love of landscaping (seriously, take note of the incredible hedges!) they have pulled off a stunning home renovation.

It is a home that belongs on the cover of a magazine that would sit on your coffee table - the eye catching green hedges, the classic weatherboard, the plantation shutters and picket fence that immediately captivate you. 

I will let this homes story be told by Jaime and Dave...
Dave's enthusiasm for green and the surrounds of nature is clear, with Jaime mentioning that he is responsible for all the lovely plants that get brought into the home - including the strelitzia (above) and the palm fronds (below).



Jaime, it’s so lovely to have you here with us – tell us a bit about yourself and loves!
Dave and I have been married 13 years and have two children, Tom 11 years and Ivy 9 years. My husband is a Primary School Principal and I am Primary School Teacher. While my babies were little I took some time away from Teaching to study photography and found a love of newborn and family
portraiture. I returned to teaching once my children were older and have only picked my camera up recently after deciding to document our journey with Bay_Beachhouse. For as long as I can remember Dave has had a green thumb and a brilliant eye for colour. With his landscaping and gardening passion and my love of interior design and photography we have endeavoured to create a home that has both character and warmth.

We would love to know a little more about your home

We purchased our house in 2011 after stumbling across it whilst my husband was driving laps around the block waiting for me to come out of the hairdressers. We had three things we were looking for in a home. My husband wanted a large shed and garden, the kids wanted a pool and I wanted a
plantation style home with character. When we found Bay_Beachhouse we knew we had the trifecta!

The renovation was designed by Jared Poole Design and all the building work was completed by a local builder Bob Smith who was the person we purchased the home from. Whilst much of the major building work was complete when we moved in we still had a considerable amount of work to do outside and some minor changes to make inside.

The most significant change to our home occurred before we moved in and this is when the home was converted from a two bedroom one bathroom run down shack to the home it is today. This involved a complete re-build with bedroom 2 and 3 the only original features left standing. The kitchen was converted into the main bedroom and newly built additions included the lounge room
outdoor room, ensuite, sunroom and kitchen with cathedral ceilings. On the outside we only have one original tree left standing and we have completely re-designed our entire yard to incorporate a new pool area, kids play area, formal garden and vegetable garden. Since moving in we have re-designed our main living area to include a fireplace and changed the colour and lighting scheme a number of times.






I love seeing your home and gorgeous style on Instagram. What do you love most about your home?


It would certainly be how unique it is and how much character it has. From recycled double hung windows to large industrial hinges on the French doors; our home certainly has a unique story to tell. The open plan living allows us to capture the sea breeze and lets in the most amazing light. The combination of all of these things, helps to create a relaxed beach house vibe.

What does the word home mean to you?


A home is where you feel most at ease. It has to be your escape or sanctuary. A home is where your family creates life long memories and a place where your children will always find there way back to for a cuddle.

Describe your style?

We both always say, “Less is more.” I am crazy about ‘white’ and find myself constantly drawn to a style that reflects a beachy, relaxed vibe. I do think however, that my husband is a little OCD with his hedges and lawn! 


The shades of white, timber and natural touches of greenery make this home the ultimate relaxed beach house. 



Your inspiration for your home?


The inspiration for our home comes from the beach houses of Noosa and Byron Bay. We love the relaxed white and bright designs that can be found on the beaches of these holiday destinations.

Instagram has been a huge part of our renovation journey and we follow many amazing stylists/interior designers and landscapers whom have similar styles to ours.

Favourite part of your home?


Our favourite space is certainly our rear indoor/outdoor verandah. It has been designed to capture the sea breeze all year round and it has a great view of our swimming pool. It links to our kitchen, lounge room and main bedroom via recycled French doors, which completely opens our entire home during the summer months. 




Biggest indulgence?


Our biggest indulgence outside was the renovation of our pool area. It was a concrete jungle and we carted away 6 truckloads of concrete and replaced it with over 100 square metres of turf and gardens. Our indoor indulgence would have to be our fireplace. It has been a truly wonderful feature of our home during the winter months, we love nothing more than sitting by the fire after a big day with a glass of wine.

What do friends say when they visit your home?

Family and friends always comment on the relaxed feel our home has and how they feel they are on holidays when they visit. Visitors often comment that they have never seen a home like ours. The unique story it has to tell is often a topic of conversation.





So you may have noticed a furry someone who seems to pop up in alot of these photos - meet Bryce. Can you spot him hiding in the photo below?
 Isn't he just gorgeous!


the before and after 
So you can appreciate the extent of the renovation, I thought I would include these before and after photos. What an incredible vision Dave and Jaime had, to see the potential in this tiny two bedroom weatherboard cottage.
Before we go, I thought I would share this photo below - Dave's hedges require Jaime to drive at snail pace, with Dave on the back of the ute pruning - all with the watchful eye of dog Bryce, who clearly didn't want to miss out on the fun. I love it!


I am so glad Dave and Jaime wanted to share their home with you all today. I knew so many of you would love this style and home. The simple weatherboard cladding, the colour scheme and the vivid greenery of the garden.
 What do you love about Dave and Jaime's home?
 Any stand out rooms or pieces of furniture you loved?
 Or were you just in awe of the gardens and greenery like me?

If you want to see more of Dave and Jaime's home - then be sure to pop over and say hi on Instagram

I hope you love seeing inside real homes each week. I am always on the lookout for new homes and renovations to feature. If this sounds like something you may be interested in, then get in touch. I'd love to chat!

Have a wonderful weekend x

Linking up With Some Grace
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:

 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

11 comments :

  1. I was just thinking it looked like a nice holiday house when I got to the part of the post that said that's what friends think. Great minds, right?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES!!! And what a way to live Vanessa, feeling like you are on holiday all the time. Yes please!! :) A x

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful home but don't ask me what one thing I love, because I love everything, it's all stunning.....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too Cathy - beautiful vision and ideas and its turned out stunning!

      Delete
  3. What a stunning home. Lots of fabulous inspiration as I love this look so much. The owners have done an amazing job, love it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So much hedge envy right now! What a beautiful home! Thanks for sharing lovely and happy Sunday! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I am with you there - major hedge envy. I am lucky to have my lawns mowed, nevermind impeccable gardens too!

      Delete
  5. WOW! That is a stunning home! I am totally in love with the hedges, we love ours too! Thank you for linking up with #HIT xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Jaime certainly has interior decorating talent! and love the lushness of Dave's hedges. Can't get over the before and after photos at the end, such vision!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a stunning home I love the outdoor space!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful home. I love the styling. And the grass and gardens. I'd feel like I was on holiday if I lived there too. Absolutely stunning!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails