20 April 2016

Exposed Brick on the interior of your home

Exposed Brick on the interior of your home.

Raw, charming, rustic, history, industrial, cottage feel, character, expression, timeless.

There are alot of words that pop into my head when I think of exposed brick in the interior of a home. In the last few years, this look has become increasingly popular with home owners and designers.

It does bring a touch of texture and character to a room, especially if the rooms lacks personality or a 'wow factor'. 

You could have a brick feature wall near a fireplace or TV, a brick pillar, in a bedroom or living space, as a kitchen splashback. The ideas are endless.

 This look is one that you do minimally - I am not saying pull all the gyprock off your living room walls, instead a small feature area only. You do not want the brick to feel overwhelming or that it is closing in on you (like the living areas of some 1980's homes!).





TELL ME, ARE YOU A LOVER OF EXPOSED BRICK?
Any stories to share of exposed brick nightmares - like entire house interiors or similar? 

Thinking of giving the exposed brick look a go? Here is the HOW TO. 
Photo's sourced from here
Follow Glamour Coastal Living:

 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. My parents have exposed brick in their living room but it's the old 80s brick and looks nothing like these pretty images! I like it in small areas, maybe one feature wall in a living area or dining room but I don't think it belongs in bedrooms :)

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails