11 November 2016

Feature Friday: Metricon's Southamptons

I have been home stalking on a full time basis lately - looking for design and interior ideas for the new home we are building. 

We have designed the home ourselves, taking inspiration from the natural layout of the acre block the home will sit on, the leafy tree surrounds and the aspects of the home.  We have kept it light with lots of high ceilings and windows, big stacker doors and all designed around a focal open plan living area. Designing the floorplan yourself is daunting and for most of it, we just winged it - lets home it turns out okay! Thats the thing that is tricky with building, you never know what it will look like, or if there are design flaws until you are living in it and then think 'oh should of added another window there' or wondering if a room needs more storage. So lets hope we have nailed it! 

When designing the home, we didn't focus on what others are building or designing or whats on trend. We focused on what we love, what is timeless and what works for the block of land and aspects. It is only now, that I am turning to Pinterest more (oh man it is addictive!) and also looking at other builders and what they are designing and doing at the moment. I then stumbled across Metricon's Lookbook page on their website and its brilliant - from high end glamour looking interiors, to a natural Scandi look, Hamptons or vintage, there is a home and lookbook for all!


If you’re new to my Feature Friday posts this is where I love to show you inside both real and designer homes.

I came across this Hamptons lookbook today and I know how much you all love this home - so I thought I would share some Hamptons inspiration with you all today as part of Feature Friday home tour. It just might help you sail into the weekend with a coastal relaxed vibe - why not?!


Mineral tones, timeless furniture, timber panelled ceiling, a stylish but relaxed vibe...this look is perfectly Hamptons. 






It is very light and airy, using a neutral or white base and then adding texture with marble, panelling  and walnut coloured flooring.
The stand out though for me - the kitchen. I have incorporated a similar design into my home, with a centred island bench, lots of cupboard space and a butlers pantry which will house the fridge. I love that I can get the fridge out of the way!

What do you think? Love it too?



DO YOU LOVE A HAMPTONS HOME? 
LOVE ANYTHING IN PARTICULAR ABOUT THIS HOME? 
WHAT DO YOU THINK OF THE WHITE TIMBER CEILING PANELLING?

If you want to see more Hamptons inspired homes, head over to these blog posts:

All photos and information and more of this Southhampton lookbook can be viewed here

Have a great weekend? Getting up to anything exciting? I am having my babyshower this Sunday, I cannot wait xx

Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. Oh I love this! And like you, the kitchen is my favorite! I love white cabinets! And that island is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails