25 March 2016

Feature Friday: French Provincial meets Coastal

Today's Home Tour:

- Elegant - French Provincial - Coastal - New England -


Today I am thrilled to have the lovely Dina Miller joining us to showcase her beautiful South Australian home as part of our Feature Friday Home Tour. If you love a touch of French Provincial, Coastal and New England home style, then I know you will love Dina's beautiful home.


Each week I like to showcase a differently styled home. We have recently had a Montana Lake house and a Casuarina Beach house. I love being able to show you inside someone's home - their sanctuary and introduce you to Aussie talented interior lovers. It is about now that I would say, cue the stalking part and some furious pinning as I know you will love the home I am sharing with you today. 

Let's take a look inside shall we and meet the lovely Dina, I bet you are busting to see this beauty...




Dina, it’s so lovely to have you here with us – tell us a bit about yourself, as well as your home and loves!
Thank you very much, it's so great to be here. 
I'm married to my best friend. We have two boys together Lachlan 7 and Zayden 4 (going on 18) We live in a small regional town in South Australia. My husband works in marketing and I work as a building designer and have started to some interior designing jobs too.

I love your Instagram account and your feed is divine. You have so many followers from around the world. Can you tell us about your Instagram account and what you post?
Thank you! I've made a lot of Instagram friends from USA, Canada, Australia, UK, Germany, Denmark etc. due to common interests that we all share and that is home interior styling/decorating. It's a great way to connect with so many beautiful people and share our concerns or ideas and get honest opinions and perspectives. 

I post pictures of my own home as I love to decorate and style, it really brings me great pleasure and it also relaxes me... I know right?! 


What does the word home mean to you?
The word HOME usually means family to me. It's my family's sanctuary. It's a great feeling we all get coming home after a busy or stressful day at school or work, we all get to unwind and collect our thoughts and enjoy being together. 

Describe your style?
My style is a mixture of styles that I really love. I'm especially drawn to French provincial style but I love to add other styles to the home such as bit of farmhouse, coastal/lake house and New England style. Love having mixtures of elegant and rustic pieces. 

I really love neutrals, it's a easy way to create timeless/effortless home and you always have the opportunity of adding some colours (with cushions and throws) to suit your mood/seasons.

Your inspiration for your home?
I mainly get my inspiration from home interior books, magazines and shops. 

Favourite Room?
Favourite room/s would be my little boys bedrooms. I love buying matching quilts for their beds as their bedrooms are mirror image of each other. Love to accessories with some times less toys. The reason why I love their rooms is I know that they won't be little forever and soon they'll become these messy/smelly teenagers and I'll have to have their rooms locked behind closed doors hahaha. 

Biggest indulgence?
My biggest indulgence would be beautiful homewares/furniture especially if they're one of the kind, pieces. When I see something I love I need to buy it otherwise I won't stop thinking/talking/dreaming and eventually cry about it, hahaha.

What do friends say when they visit your home?
They love it and then they ask the question "how do you keep your house so beautiful and clean with two little boys and pets?" I honestly don't any other answer but that I'm really passionate person and discipline is the key....and maybe a hint of OCD!




Super talented - Dina knitted this throw herself. I absolutely adore the chunky weave.

Below is one of Dina's favourite pieces of furniture, this gorgeous timber coffee table. Isn't the detail spectacular. I can see why you love it so much Dina!




I love how Dina's boys rooms are matchy matchy. It is so true, that they are only small once and you have to make the most of it before they are teenagers and put a lock on their door and only come out for food! Don't you love the symmetry? I do!





perfection...

You can see how much love is in this home and how much pride Dina takes in styling her home. It all comes together perfectly, to create a welcoming homely feel. Dina, you are so disciplined and I commend you on how beautifully clean and presented your home is. If only you lived closer and could pop over to give me some advice! :)

Please make Dina feel welcome here on Glamour Coastal Living and share with her what you love about her home.
Are you in love with the styling?
 What is your favourite room?
Do share xx

WANT TO see more of dina?
If you love Dina's style, be sure to introduce yourself and say hi on Instagram
Dina also has her own hashtag #FridayShowcase_withDina where she loves to meet new people with like minded styles and Instagram accounts. For your chance to be featured no her Instagram page, use the hashtag and show her your styled home. What fun!

For now - Meet the Millers. How gorgeous and cheeky do Dina's boys look! :)


Happy Friyay peeps and have a spectacular long weekend...bliss!
Any exciting plans over the long weekend? We are having a quiet one this year, phew - the roads are to hectic to go anywhere!



Follow Glamour Coastal Living:
 INSTAGRAM // FACEBOOK // PINTEREST // SHOP

1 comment :

  1. Beautiful! I always admire provincial style homes though it isn't my homes style.

    ReplyDelete

It makes my day receiving your lovely comments - feel free to leave one below x Ash

 

CONTACT/WORK WITH ME

ASHLEA KERR

Blogger, Creative + Business Owner

Gold Coast, Australia

Interested in working with me? Sounds fantastic, I love working with brands and creating fabulous content for my readers.

glamourcoastalliving@gmail.com

On Glamour Coastal Living

Related Posts with Thumbnails